Date:      Mon, 9 Jan 1995 02:09:06 -0800 (PST)
From:      bmk@dtr.com
To:        eblood@winky.reno.nv.us (Eric Blood)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: SLIP vs PPP

> I've been unable to resolve me earlier problem with my SLIP connection.  Before
> I do switch to PPP, does PPP work in 2.0?  I vaguely remember that there was
> some problem and that people should wait.  Is this true?  Are there any patches
> if this is the case?

It does work under 2.0R.  There were some problems with panics and
spontaneous reboots, but there's a one line patch that fixes it.  I
applied the patch two weeks ago and have had zero problems since.

It's so reliable now, SOMETHING must be wrong.. :)

If you can't find the patch anywhere, send me some mail and I'll see if
I can find it in my archives.