Date:      Sat, 14 Jan 1995 16:27:01 -0700
From:      Steve Passe <fbsd@clem.systemsix.com>
To:        Garrett Wollman <wollman@halloran-eldar.lcs.mit.edu>
Cc:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami), hackers@FreeBSD.org, fbsd@clem.systemsix.com
Subject:   Re: uid 32767 on /var: file system full

>> What does this message mean?  I've got a bunch of these today on my
>> 2.0R system.  Uid 32767 is "nobody", and grep finds only "fingerd -sl"
>> in /etc/inetd.conf.  /var has more than a meg free, and this hasn't
>> changed significantly since last night so I guess whatever filled it
>> up died by itself....

> Probably building the `locate' database.

I don't know how clean this is, but it works, modify /etc/daily by
adding the following 2 lines before the first actions:

TMPDIR=/usr/tmp
export TMPDIR

this causes locate.updatedb to use /usr/tmp instead of /tmp for
building its file.  You obviosuly need to create /usr/tmp (non-
standard?).  Anyone have cleaner fix?