Date:      Sat, 22 Apr 1995 01:02:49 -0700
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami | =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQHUbKEI=?= =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCOCsbKEIgGyRCOC0bKEI=?=)
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: /host/freefall/a/ncvs/src/usr.sbin/pkg_install/lib lib.h plist.c

By the way, your pkg_* modifications are archived in cvs-other, can
you do something with the cvs path until Nate or Rod fixes the
scripts? :<

 *   1. Add an new @option directive.  You'll understand it better in a moment.

While you are fixing this, can you make it so that unrecognized @
directives will produce an error message like:

"@mungle" not recognized, this package is probably a new format, you
might want to get the latest version of the pkg_install suite (look at
the file /usr/share/doc/foo/bar for getting a piece of -current)

?  This will help users when we start adding something new to pkg_*.

An option to override this error checking and ignore the unrecognized
@ directives might be a good thing too for people who know what they
are doing, but it might be dangerous, so I'll leave that judgement to
you.

Satoshi