Date:      Sun, 23 Apr 1995 04:49:26 -0700
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami | =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQHUbKEI=?= =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCOCsbKEIgGyRCOC0bKEI=?=)
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Let's compress our manpages!

 * Now that we have the post-install target in place, we can easily
 * compress all the man pages that are installed uncompressed.  I

On a similar note, we should also strip all the binaries we ship.
This can also be easily done in the post-install target, like:

post-install:
	strip ${PREFIX}/bin/yikes

In the things installed on thud, I found the following were not
stripped.  The are in /usr/local/bin.  (I didn't find any non-stripped
binary in /usr/X11R6/bin, probably because the default imake rules
include stripping.)

We have recompiled almost everything on thud recently, so if your
program is here, please check it out.

Thanks,
Satoshi
-------