Date:      Sat, 29 Apr 1995 08:31:45 +0100 (BST)
From:      Paul Richards <paul@isl.cf.ac.uk>
To:        phk@ref.tfs.com (Poul-Henning Kamp)
Cc:        nate@trout.sri.MT.net, jkh@time.cdrom.com, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: What I'd *really like* for 2.0.5

> > What I meant was that userconfig assumes the user has knowlege on how it
> > works, so for normal people they don't have 'access' to it.  Access was
> > probably a poor choice of word to use.  *IF* we are going to use it for
> > all of the kernel device debugging, then it should be better documented
> > before we remove the only useful form we have now.
>
> printf("Use \"boot /kernel -c\" to see what you don't see.");  ?   :-)
>
> Lousy argument in my book...

How are we going to get debugging info back from users?

Currently we can ask them to send the output of dmesg to see what's happening,
telling them to boot -c and *copy down the values* is a lousy argument in
my book.

--
  Paul Richards, FreeBSD core team member.
  Internet: paul@FreeBSD.org,  URL: http://isl.cf.ac.uk/~paul/