Date:      Mon, 15 May 1995 08:12:21 +0500 (GMT+0500)
From:      "Serge A. Babkin" <babkin@hq.icb.chel.su>
To:        charnier@lirmm.fr (Philippe Charnier)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 3C5x9

> This is already a custom kernel. the possible conflicts on port and
> irq are disabled with -c (wt0, mcd0, scd0 were left in the kernel),
> this was for default settings. The 3c5x9 is now alone at 0x2d0 and
> alone at irq 11 (and another kernel is made with the minimum).
>
> (boot, log as root, run halt, then reboot without powering off)
>
> first boot: not found
> 2nd   boot: found
> 3rd   boot: not found
> 4th   boot: found.

Do you have MS-DOS on your machine too ? Unix driver can't find the board
after DOS driver and vice versa. I don't know why, but all unix and DOS
drivers I saw have shown this behavior (FreeBSD, SCO, DOS packet, DOS ODI).
Use "REBOOT" button to change between DOS and Unix.

If not I don't know where is the problem.

		Serge Babkin

! (babkin@hq.icb.chel.su)
! Headquarter of Joint Stock Commercial Bank "Chelindbank"
! Chelyabinsk, Russia