Date:      Mon, 15 May 1995 15:37:33 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "matthew c. mead" <mmead@goof.com>
To:        terryl@CS.Stanford.EDU (Terry Lee)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Mosaic 2.5 Green

Terry Lee wrote:

> OH.  I just tried it with X in 8 bpp.  Works fine.  I guess the question
> is now, what's the problem in 16 bpp?

> > I just downloaded NCSA Mosaic from the incoming folder.  For some reason
> > all the graphics including the earth icon are a shade of bright green.
> > I'm using XFree86 3.1.1 with S3-928 video in 16 bpp.

> > Anyone have any ideas what the problem might be?  Netscape is working fine.

> > advTHANKSance

	It sounds to me like the problem is with the byte ordering of the color
data sent to the X server.  Look around for an #ifdef AIX in that type of
thing, as AIX uses the same byte ordering as Intel for its graphics color data.
You might be able to just get away with a
#if defined(AIX) || defined(__FreeBSD__).  Good luck.

-matt

--
Matthew C. Mead  -> Virginia Tech Center for Transportation Research -
                 -> Multiple Platform System and Network Administration