Date:      Wed, 24 May 1995 20:08:20 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Alan B. Evans" <aevans@kaiwan.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   triton/2940/conner cfp 1080s woes

I was hoping I could borrow from other peoples experience
on setting up FreeBSD on a new machine.

I just picked up the following and have been unable to
get a system running long enough in order to get everything
installed :

Pentium 100 - Triton Motherboard
Adaptec 2940 SCSI controller
Conner CFP1080S hard drive (1.06GB)
ATI Mach64 2MB DRAM
3C503 NIC
16MB memory

I am trying to install SNAP-950412 on this machine. I am using
the default setup parameters for the Triton board and the
Adaptec card. I have got to the point where I can get the
bin distribution installed, but eventually, everything ends
up signal 11-ing soon or later (anywhere from seconds to
minutes). I have tried changing from 10MB/sec to 5MB/sec,
disabling disconnection, & disabling L2 cache with the
same results.

Anybody have any suggestions ? I would be eternally grateful
for anything that will help be bring up FreeBSD on this
machine. I got this machine for the express purpose of running
FreeBSD (I do Web work and I need a robust and dependable server).

Thanks !

--alan