Date:      Thu, 1 Jun 1995 19:21:36 -0400
From:      Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Cant boot a new 2.0.5A system

>     I don't know how you other folks did it, but I can't boot a
> freshly installed 2.0.5A disk.  I go through all the steps, choosing
> logical choices, but then when it goes to reboot, I get "Missing
> operating system".

I've been having similar problems big time.  It appears that the partitioning
tools are looking at the drive geometry ONLY, but newfs is using the (possibly)
translated geometries that the BIOS is reporting.  This is causing me bigtime
problems :(

On another note, the "options" menu's should be check box'd just like the
software installation menu's, makes things more obvious.

-Crh
--

    Charles Henrich     Michigan State University     henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu

                     http://rs560.msu.edu/~henrich/