Date:      Sat, 17 Jun 1995 12:38:54 -0400
From:      dennis@et.htp.com (dennis)
To:        "Alok K. Dhir" <adhir@iagi.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: printer recommendation?

>I have a Lexmark Optra-R - its faster than the HP (12ppm), higher rez
>than the HP (true 1200 dpi), and prettier than the HP.  It also has a
>much nicer control panel, an excellent warranty, and prints absolutely
>beutifully.  It is also very expandable.  Highly recommended.
>
>BTW - I got it for $1440.00 - less than a HP4+.
>>
>>  > If you're doing PS, get the _fastest_ processor you can - ps isn't
terribly
>>  > bulky (unless you have lots of bitmaps with it), but rendering it can take
>>  > an age.
>>
>> Does the HP Laser 4MP qualified as a printer having a fast processor and
>> does any one know how much more is the ethernet interface?

There is only 1 printer standard.- HP. Consider that every vendor, every
product on the market makes absolutely sure that their software works with
HP FIRST...that no serious product doesn't support HP FIRST....and then make
you decision. If HPs were expensive you'd have to think....but they're not.
so what are you waiting for?

Dennis