Date:      Wed, 28 Jun 1995 08:50:49 -0400 (EDT)
From:      william pechter ILEX <pechter@stars.sed.monmouth.army.mil>
To:        freebsd-questions@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Mail with PPP and non-fixed ip addresses.

I just got my ppp connection and my provider's looking for a way to
route mail to lakewood.com to my machine for distribution.

I've got a class C license for my local net at home.  I'm getting assigned
an address for the PPP connection by his machine (BSDI v2.0).

He's unsure of the way to do it and is considering holding my MX and
using uucp to forward it over the ppp connection (since my ip varies with
each ppp connection).

Is there a better way to do it using sendmail (either Sendmail v8 or
IDA) and smtp directly.

His other alternative is dropping all the mail to my domain into my
shell account on his machine and having me ftp it and deal
with dispersal locally.

I know someone here's going to have a better way to do it.

Bill

 Bill Pechter |Systems Administrator  | N2RDI
 Ilex Systems |170 Patterson Ave      | Shrewsbury, New Jersey 07702
 908-532-2369 |pechter@sesd.ilex.com  | pechter@stars.sed.monmouth.army.mil