Date:      Fri, 14 Jul 1995 05:21:19 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Timothy Moore <moore@WOLFE.net>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HotJava

> If folks like to work on this sort of languages please take a look at
> guile-ii avaiable in the ports/lang directory in freebsd.cdrom.com.

Hmmm.  While I admire Amancio's enthusiasm, I've looked at guile-ii
and can only really say "huh."  Sure, it's a nice little language.
But java is a nice little language AND it has Sun backing it, which is
really important when you start looking for all the nice framework and
applications base stuff.  There's nothing that says guile might not be
*technically* capable of that, but it needs far more than just
technical chops to beat java.

					Jordan