Date:      Sun, 16 Jul 1995 13:51:30 +0200
From:      "Julian Stacey <jhs@freebsd.org>" <jhs@vector.eikon.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de>
To:        Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org, thomas@ghpc8.ihf.rwth-aachen.de
Subject:   Re: problem building lang/icon on 2.0.5R

> And how should we pronounce it in case we wind up in Aachen?
Well, I'm English, but live in Bavaria,
on TV it sounded like `Moyn' to me,

I'm going to the FreeBSD-Europe user group meeting in Aachen  95 09 02&03,
I guess I'll hear Thomas Gellekum <thomas@ghpc8.ihf.rwth-aachen.de> then,

but Aachen's only half way up Germany, well out of the dialect area
that says `Moin' (so says my Aachen born & bred girlfriend :-)

I find it hard enough coping with the local Bavarian dialect (which Bavarians
think is German, but which most other Germans assert to not be `Hoch Deutsch',
I only really understand Hoch Deutsch (Reference German), despite living
in Munich (capital of Bavaria) for 10 years.

As for the Vienna/Austria dialect I heard at a party last night,
I could hardly understand a word (& it was early, no one was drunk :-)

Oh well, back to hacking ;-)
Julian