Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 1995 22:33:20 -0700
From:      Joe McGuckin <joe@ns.via.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   You're in a maze of twisty little boots...

Just did a ftp install of FreeBSD 2.0.5.

Pretty neat!

Unfortunately I am stuck in an endless loop of boot prograns.

The first boot program asks me to choose F1 for dos
or F5 for FreeBSD.

After selecting F5 I am once again asked to choose a function key: this time
it F1 for FreeBSD, F2 for FreeBSD, F3 for FreeBSD, F5 for dos...

Well, you get the picture.

How do I fix this? Obviously I can boot using the boot pgm on the floppy, but
THEN what?

I assume that I need to write the boot program out to the FreeBSD boot disk.

What is the EXACT command I need to use? I've tried various 'disklabel'
commands without success.

Thanks,

  Joe