Date:      Mon, 31 Jul 1995 15:02:00 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jan Isley <jan@bagend.atl.ga.us>
To:        jfieber@grendel.csc.smith.edu (John Fieber)
Cc:        roberto@blaise.ibp.fr, doc@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org, www@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Updated FAQ on WWW.FreeBSD.ORG

I think making the "text" version go away is a mistake.  In fact, I
think a text form of the FAQ should be posted maybe once every two
weeks.  I feel so strongly about this need that I volunteered last
week when Jordon suggested there was a problem.  I still volunteer.

Will posting a FAQ cut down on the simple, repetetive questions in
the newsgroup?  That is the 64 dollar question that no one can answer.
Most people think the answer is yes.  There is information there that
a lot of people will need to know *before* their system is up and
running to the point that they can run something through sgmlfmt, if
they knew where to look for it to begin with, that is.  That is a
FAQ in itself, isn't it?

If you guys still want to maintain the FAQ but do not want to bother
with what I suggest, does anyone have any problems with me fetching
whatever is current every couple of weeks and posting it?
--
Jan Isley                If you couldn't find any weirdness,
<jan@bagend.atl.ga.us>   maybe we'll just have to make some!