Date:      Mon, 14 Aug 1995 21:46:41 +0200
From:      Julian Howard Stacey <jhs@vector.eikon.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de>
To:        asami@freebsd.org, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   .avi files - anyone know a viewer ?

I have this 10M image of an exploding whale, well short movie I think,
(appartently it washed up on a beach & the locals had to move it)
(it came from ftp.cathouse.org/pub/cathouse/urban.legends/gif/ul/whale.avi)

Anyway, anyone know how to view a .avi file (apparently its easy under
ms-windows, but the ms-w friend i got the image for has no tape drive,
& I'm not going to write a stack of flops, + of course friends are saying:
really ? you cant's view .avi ? ... we can ! )

BTW I ask 'cos I was reminded by intro by asami of
xgrasp - X11 GRASP animation viewer

Julian S