Date:      Tue, 22 Aug 1995 15:34:06 +0200
From:      "Julian Stacey <jhs@freebsd.org>" <jhs@vector.eikon.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de>
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        gary@palmer.demon.co.uk, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pbasic-2.0-950813.tar.gz + pbasic-2.0-950813.src.tar.gz uploaded

>  * Err. freebsd.com? Aren't we getting ahead of ourselves here? I didn't
>  * know we had a ftp.FreeBSD.COM address :-)
>
> Hehe....I guess he meant freefall's LOCAL_PORTS.

No, its a standard port, its not a money grabbing commercial licence thing :-)

> By the way, I haven't received an answer to my question, did you
> really really really reeeeeeeeeeally have to make a new tarball?

Never saw the question.

You imply there was an original tarball,
I drink regularly with the author, a friend of 10 years,
I've always been the one pushing him to tar it to an archive site.

So which tarball are you thinking of, if not mine ?
it's strange he never told me he'd put a modern copy, are you sure ?
If so, URL please .

> Yeah...well, it's mostly ok.  The excessive comments after MAINTAINER
> should go though, that's not what we want our users to read.

If that's the `dont bother me' bit ? ....
I am agreeable to that If I am not to be MAINTAINER
(which I don't really want to be in fact)
If I am to be MAINTAINER, it should stay.
Your choice, I don't care either way.

Also, what is ${LOCAL_}?  Can't we just use ${PREFIX}?
(without looking at Makefile) Sure, whatever :-)

Julian S