Date:      Fri, 25 Aug 1995 01:23:38 -0400 (EDT)
From:      dlr <dlr@asylum.org>
To:        dlr@asylum.asylum.org (dlr)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adding scsi hard drive

|could this be an irq/address problem?
|
|what is npx0? and why is it hanging there?

npx0 is the math coprocessor. it was hanging there becuase that is what
came right after the probe for the scsi card and drive.

it was an address problem. I switched to irq 10 and now it will boot

fdisk -i doesn't want to work though:

root> fdisk -i rsd0
fdisk: Can't get file status of rsd0

also, since putting in the adaptec card it won't boot off of floppy ( i
thought i would just boot off of floppy and install new system on this
new disk).

I can take the scsi card out (adaptec) and it will boot from floppy. I
presume there is some setting I have yet to discover that is doing this.

dave