Date:      Wed, 30 Aug 1995 17:35:23 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@ref.tfs.com>
To:        rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com (Rodney W. Grimes)
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: /etc/disktab and stuff

I have to side with rod on this...
dding a crucially missing item in sysinstall is ok..
(could be considered a bugfix)
rewriting it is a bad idea..
bringing in a new editor is a bad idea, (unless the old one is still there)

>    says in kernel issues and ii) no new functionality of _ANY_ kind
>    was to be added to this branch, it was to be a bugfix against 2.0.5.
>
> b) ee is new green code, not sutible for production release, it's been
>    in the tree 24 hours and has had a rash of commits, not a good
>    canidate for release, lickely to put egg on our face.
(unless it can squeeze in AS WELL as vi..)
(may people can't run vi... do you blame them:) )

> I don't want it done ``better and faster'' for 2.1, I want it done slow
> and correct for 2.2.  We have known quantity and quality code with sysinstall
> now document the hell out of the bugs, fix the clear cut ones (even gotta
> be very carefull doing that or you add one while removing one :-()

2.1 should have 'known bugfixes for 2.0.5'
and
'easily fixable oversights for the install of 2.0.5'

julian