Date:      Tue, 19 Sep 1995 11:31:42 +0300
From:      Heikki Suonsivu <hsu@cs.hut.fi>
To:        Bakul Shah <bakul@netcom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Policy on printf format specifiers?

   I too think 16 bit is good enough. 10646 is a 32 bit
   standard but given that other than Unicode no other pages
   are populated and that Unicode supports all living and many
   (most?) dead languages and that except for scholars of dead
   languages (a tiny tiny percentage of people) no one else
   will benefit *even if* pages beyond Unicode are ever used,
   allowing for such extension now is IMHO a waste of space.
   rune_t can be made 16 bit, too.

Yes, and I also think that 640kbytes of memory is certainly enough for
anything you would want to do with your computer.

--
Heikki Suonsivu, T{ysikuu 10 C 83/02210 Espoo/FINLAND,
hsu@cs.hut.fi  home +358-0-8031121 work -4513377 fax -4555276  riippu SN