Date:      Thu, 28 Sep 95 09:11:12 EDT
From:      jwb@ulysses.att.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   SUP, again

Hi,

I am having problem with sup.  At first, I was getting
SUP: Can't find host entry for sup.FreeBSD.org
and requested the address to try to connet via the address rather than
the name.  After getting the address (thanks to all who responded), and
changing host=sup.FreeBSD.org to host=192.216.222.4, tried sup again,
and this time I got
SUP: Can't connect to server for supfilesrv: Host is unreachable

I got this because our network is behind a firewall, and we need to go
through the firewall via a proxy server to reach the real world.

My question is, has anyone gotten sup to run from behind a firewall, and
if so what needs to be done????

If not what, if anything, is available to run from behind a firewall to
update the sources???

thanks

Jim