Date:      Fri, 29 Sep 1995 11:16:43 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        sos@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, ache@astral.msk.su, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SYSCONS PROBLEM IDENTIFIED

> > A full SCO console emulation will include 10m, 11m, and 12m for character
> > set selection as well.
>
> Hmm, do you have a "machine readable" version of the latest SCO
> console specs ? Mine went away with our last 3.2.2 system
> here at work :(

I'll see if I can find one.  I certainly have SCO manuals; I guess I can
type one in if I have to.

A lot of the behaviour isn't perfectly obvious from the manuals;
unfortunately, it's been 4 years since I've written an SCO console
emulation for a commercial terminal emulation package, and actually,
the first one was back in 1988, so I might not be able to identify
all of the possible issues while typing it in.  8-(.

> If I can get my hands on the docs for the SCO console, I'll change
> syscons accordingly (We do claim SCO compat right)...

8-).  Good.  I'll see if I can find the scan code mode documentation
used by SCO WP and MS Word on the console.

> Also is there a specification of the Linux console (bisides
> reading the code) I'd like to know, It might come in usefull
> for my next little project..

None that I have been able to find, sorry.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.