Date:      Wed, 4 Oct 1995 13:49:35 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
To:        chuckr@eng.umd.edu (Chuck Robey)
Cc:        FreeBSD-Hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: mail spamming

> Excuse me a second for topic change.  You've all read this idiotic thing
> from euphoria.com, I want to know who to complain to about it.
> Euphoria.com isn't listed by my nameserver, but there's MX records being
> handled for it by domain uu.net, does that mean I can send complaints to
> postmaster @uu.net about this?

No.

There is a valid domain (I assume) "euphoria.com", but these messages did
not originate there and you will be inadvertently harassing a helpless site.

These messages originated at Internet Direct (indirect.com):

(brasil.jgreco.p1-3) 1:42pm /tmp_mnt/net/lunar/code/solar/etc/diskless/src/throttle 373 > whois -h rs.internic.net. indirect-dom
Internet Direct, Inc. (INDIRECT-DOM)
   1366 E. Thomas Road, Suite 210
   Phoenix, AZ 85014-5741

   Domain Name: INDIRECT.COM

   Administrative Contact, Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
      Internet Direct, Inc.  (IND-NOC)  hostmaster@indirect.com
      (602) 274-0100

   Record last updated on 09-May-94.
   Record created on 31-Mar-93.

   Domain servers in listed order:

   NS1.INDIRECT.COM             165.247.1.3
   ICM1.ICP.NET                 192.94.207.66
   NS1.SPRINTLINK.NET           204.117.214.10
   NS2.SPRINTLINK.NET           199.2.252.10
   NS3.SPRINTLINK.NET           204.97.212.10

The InterNIC Registration Services Host contains ONLY Internet Information
(Networks, ASN's, Domains, and POC's).
Please use the whois server at nic.ddn.mil for MILNET Information.

so you should be bitching at "hostmaster@indirect.com".  Since that is
an extremely vague address, you might try some of the following if you do
not get a response:

EXPN <root>
250 Internet Direct Administrator <root@bud.indirect.com>
EXPN <postmaster>
250 Michael Swinson March <march@germaine.indirect.com>
EXPN <help>
250 User Support Services <support@bud.indirect.com>
EXPN <support>
250 User Support Services <support@bud.indirect.com>
EXPN <hostmaster>
250-David M. Crumpton <\crumpton@bud.indirect.com>
250 Internet Direct Pager <|.filter@bud.indirect.com>

I've seen a lot of crap coming from this site lately, as my memory serves..
so I suspect you won't get an answer or any satisfaction.

... Joe