Date:      Fri, 6 Oct 1995 14:57:07 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Ed Tootill <tootill@telebase.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        tootill@telebase.com (Ed Tootill)
Subject:   rarpd & BPF

I need to get rarpd running on two bsd pc's.  The man page
for rarpd says I need BPF, Berkeley Packet Filter, configured
into the kernel.  I didn't find any references to BPF in the
kernel file.

Anybody know how to obtain BPF.  Is it S/W I need to download
or buy, is it just an addition to the kernel?

Any assistance will be appreciated.

A litle more info in case this sounds familiar.

Since we changed IP addresses on the other side of the sun router I cannot
do lookups, 'r' command, cannot get to the name server from the BSD side
of the network.  I left one BSD machine unchanged from when it last worked
correctly and the other has been reloaded.  I painstakingly troubleshot
this problem.  I've tried defaultrouters, static routes. . . .

I can ping the bsd machines from the other side of the router.  I can do all
'r' commands if I use IP numbers instead of names.

Ed Tootill, Telebase Systems