Date:      Thu, 12 Oct 1995 22:43:37 EST
From:      "Kaleb S. KEITHLEY" <kaleb@x.org>
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org, phk@critter.tfs.com
Subject:   Re: xload dumps core with new phkmalloc

Poul-Henning sent me his malloc and xload works fine for me with
MALLOC_OPTIONS=Z.

I've tried everything I can think of: phkmalloc statically linked to
xload; phkmalloc as malloc in libc.so.2.2; compiled -g, -O, -O2; X
libs compiled -g and -O2. xload runs fine with all of them. If you're
running XFree86's xload then there might be something suspect about
their FreeBSD port. It's hard to guess.

Dunno what else to try. It's hard to fix something you can't duplicate.
:-)

--

Kaleb KEITHLEY