Date:      Wed, 29 Nov 1995 17:21:15 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@rocky.sri.MT.net>
To:        "Marty Leisner" <leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: what am I running? (early-november snapshot)

> I just looked at file(1)...
>
> What's going on with the version numbers...?

This is one of the problems with using CVS for the source code control.
It messes up all of ID's of source code we import.  There is a solution
to it that was attempted early on, but it didn't get completed and was
backed out before it was finished.

We're running a newer version that Christos released, but it doesn't
contain some of the newer stuff from Christos simply because I tried
using it a while ago and it didn't work with our magic files, and I
didn't spend the time to update them to the new format.

> I was also looking at man -- seems we're running John Eaton's 1.1...

Is there a newer version of gnu man you're aware of?

Nate