Date:      Mon, 11 Dec 1995 09:58:54 -0600
From:      Jon Loeliger <jdl@jdl.com>
To:        "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Video capture

In a totally unrelated thread, "Amancio Hasty Jr." scribbled:
> You are right about e-mail not being the best medium for such a thing and
> in fact is the reason why I recommend that you get a Matrox Meteor,
> vat-4.0a2, the latest sound driver and  have a serious face to face
> with Julian.

So, here's the question for someone:  What-the-heck video capture
board *do* I have, and can I use it on a FreeBSD system?

Now, so that it's not a *total* psychic-convention, I'll describe
it some and we'll see how close I can get to the right info...
(In Terry Lambert standard format. :-)

    1) I have a Vivo 320 video conference system including the Video
       capture board and the ISDN card (POS IBM Waverunner).
    2) The video card is a 3/4 length ISA bus card
    3) It uses only I/O address 140, 150 or 160
    4) It apparently has no IRQ requirements.
    5) It's capable of both NTSC and PAL formats.
    6) It's got a some logitech digital camera connected to it
    7) The mic is on the camera, but can be plugged in too
    8) Sound output is to external speakers

The connections on the "real end" of the card are:
    Digital video camera
    Normal video RCA jack
    Audio in
    Audio out
    some unreferenced itty-bitty audio-like jack.

On the board there appears to be
    One row of three independent pin-out busses
        with 13x2, 13x2 and 17x2
    One row near the ISA bus
        with 17x2 and 13x2
    SCSI bus (?)

For all I really know, this could be a proprietary Vivo card...

The important chips on the board itself say:
    (c) Winnov LP 1993		ITT		ITT
    Wavia R10			ASCO 2300	VSP 2860
    401				G 003359711	G 012156002
				3512  16	4102 30/58

Some of those could easily be ISA bus chips, for all I know.

There also appears to be a SCSI bus chip on the board at the
"other end" near a SCSI bus pin out:

    ZILOG
    Z0538010VSC
    SCSI
    9411  L4

The FCC Id number for the board appears to be:  DZLVCB-01

On the back, the only thing that might be construed as a Logo
is a combination of a backwards R and U, then SMB2.

So, there.  Anyone know what the heck it is and if I can use it
with FreeBSD?  Well, OK, I mean without first writing my own
driver for it... :-)

Thanks,
jdl