Date:      Sat, 16 Dec 1995 00:02:40 +0100 (MET)
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        sos@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        nate@rocky.sri.MT.net, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: -current kernel is *very* unusable

It seems that sos@FreeBSD.ORG said:
> I get core dunps all over the place if I stress the system a little,
> ie a cvs update will produce multiple coredumps if I start a Xsession
> on another vty. It seems we have some really bad stuff in there
> somewhere. I've checked on my old system from about 28 september, and
> it doesn't have the above problems, even the atapi driver works there ;(

I reported a problem at probe time for the EISA stuff (Buslogic) a few days
ago. It appears to have been fixed but with my current kernel, sources from
today, everything works... except that when I launch X11, the mouse doesn't
move at all !!  Interrupts seem to get  in (as reported by systat -netstat)
but the pointer is frozen.

Any ideas ? Apart from that, it runs fine...
--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.frmug.fr.net
   FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 2.2-CURRENT #4: Fri Dec 15 19:22:25 MET 1995