Date:      Sun, 7 Jan 1996 14:15:51 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@rocky.sri.MT.net>
To:        Christian Fortin <root@ec.camitel.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Scanner ?

> Do you know if a scaner software is avalable for freebsd ( X Window ) I have
> seen a device driver SCSI that support HP scaner and a device for GS4500
> GeniScan scanner ?

That would be Pint, which I ported from NetBSD but it didn't work.  I
then found a pointer to an HP user-level driver that Richard Tobin wrote
which works well in FreeBSD, so I gave up on Pint.

Here's a snippet from the README
-------
You can ftp this code from macbeth.cogsci.ed.ac.uk.

This is (a very early version of) a SCSI driver for the HP ScanJet range
of scanners and a corresponding graphical user interface.
-------

Note, this is only for the HP scanners, and I've been using this code
for about 2 months now w/out problems on an HP3C.

Nate