Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 96 13:24:23 -0800
From:      pokora <pokora@execpc.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installing FreeBSD, re-entered boot.flp

When I completed installing BSD over the network, and it rebooted, since I had installed the OS
on my second drive I have now been told to boot: hd(1,a)/kernel, this appears to boot from the
hard drive. My problem is that when it rebooted, it started up from the default kernel from the
floppy and re entered the install process. The system does not appear to recognize that the
system has been installed and is asking for all the install information all over again.

Can the previous install be saved? If so what do I need to do to save it?

Also, when I do start the boot process using hd(1,a)/kernel it seems to start yet fails to mount
root,Does this indicate that the install failed? It didn't seem to fail.

Thanks for your help.

Ross