Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 1996 17:01:56 -0800
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        vince@apollo.COSC.GOV
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problems in -current (was Re: awk broken ???)

Vince write:

> > > 	Hmmm, what did you guys do to fix this problem?
> >
> > I just  supped src/share/mk (and everything else) from freefall and
> > made world :-)
>
> 	I did that already but doesn't seem to work... =(

Vince, please take a look at src/share/mk/bsd.lib.mk.  Near the top, it
should say this:

    #       $Id: bsd.lib.mk,v 1.29 1996/01/21 17:26:25 jdp Exp $

If the revision number --------^ is not 1.29, then you still have the
bad version of the file.

Another way to tell is to grep for the string "CPLUSPLUSLIB".  If that
string is not present in the file, then you still have the bad version.

Also check /usr/share/mk/bsd.lib.mk, just to make sure that you haven't
somehow installed the bad version of the file there.

If you have the up-to-date (1.29) version of the file, and you are still
having the same problems, then you must be skipping some part of the
build process, and still using bad old libraries.

-- John