Date:      Tue, 23 Jan 1996 14:05:43 -0500
From:      Scott Whittle <scott@patton.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ports and what they do?

Question:

What (or where can I find?) what the port assignments do for some of the popular
I/O ports out in the world. I am looking for serial and more importantly the
ethernet port.  If I state the base address as 0x300 for a NE2000 clone, what
ports are used and for what?  is 300 read=data in  write-data out? or is it
a control port?

Thanks.
S.

Scott Whittle						email: scott@patton.com
Patton Electronics Co.                           	WWW: http://www.patton.com
7622 Rickenbacker Dr.                            	TEL: 301.975.1000
Gaithersburg MD 20882                            	FAX: 301.869.9293

	"Any enterprise is built by wise planning, becomes strong
	 through common sense, and profits wonderfully by keeping
	 abreast of the facts"
			-- King Solomon, LB