Date:      Fri, 16 Feb 1996 03:17:15 +1100 (EST)
From:      michael butler <imb@scgt.oz.au>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   arp and async problems

I have two problems with -stable as it is today ..

i) with whatever recently changed in the arp code, I now get a stream of
error messages every 30 seconds when gated wants to advertise routes.

Each one relates to an alias on the same ethernet card, e.g. ..

arpresolve: can't allocate llinfo
arplookup 202.12.127.<pick-an-alias> failed: could not allocate llinfo

 .. considering how many aliases this machine has, it'll fill the disk
before morning :-(

ii) when running with the root in 'async' mode, I happened to start elm
while the machine was otherwise idle .. it blocked in "ufslk2" and stayed
there until I used "mount -u -o noasync /". This is the same machine that I
have had repeated arguments with over this 2842 (with and without tagged
queueing and "QUEUE_FULL_SUPPORT") .. maybe there's some interaction there ?

	michael