Date:      Mon, 04 Mar 1996 03:15:20 +0100
From:      Amedeo Beck Peccoz <monboso@masternet.it>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   I'd like Samba

I'm trying to let my FreeBSD server serve DOS clients using MS Network
Client 3.0 and after reading tons of mans on the unix side and the poor docs
coming with the MS Network Client 3.0 distribution I have no idea of the
steps I have to take to let the net run. Has someone got a checklist or
something useful to start? Lack of clear documentatio seems to be the main
problem. I've configured almost easily Netware, nfs server/client, xfs, wfs
and pc-nfs, but this is really misterious! :-(
In particular:
1) do I have to modify the /smb.conf file in the unix machine? If yes HOW?
2) do I have to run the unix machine as a nfs server?
3) how do I specify the exported dirs from the unix side? In the
/etc/exports file or somewhere else?
4) how do I configure the clients? The SETUP.EXE is just copying the files
in the C:\NET dir and configuring the ethernet card, nothing more;
5) will I ever come out of this?

 Thanks to all of you who'll help me!!

Ciao!
					//\medeo