Date:      Sun, 10 Mar 1996 08:51:22 -0500
From:      "C. O'Donnell" <codonnell@bus.net>
To:        sreid@edmbbs.iceonline.com
Cc:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: named/sendmail problem: "MX points back..."

At 05:02 AM 3/7/96 EST, sreid@edmbbs.iceonline.com wrote:
>My sendmail.cf file is the default except for the new Cw lines...
> Cwlocalhost
> Cwkirk.edmnet.com.
> Cwedmnet.com.

Maybe try removing the trailing dot?

>I suppose I should add a Cw line for every host that Kirk handles mail
>for, but I don't think that'll make much difference right now.

Class  "w" expands to all host names that are local (meaning this machine).
It will incorrectly choose "SMTP" instead of "local" for a mail agent if
it doesn't find the host in it's "w" class.  But sendmail should fill this list
from DNS, except for the short domain name (edmnet.com).

Good luck,
Chuck