Date:      Wed, 13 Mar 1996 16:26:55 -0500 (EST)
From:      Bruce Bauman <boot@mosquito.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Cc:        boot@itchy.mosquito.com (Bruce Bauman)
Subject:   csh hanging around after disconnect

Hi. We're an ISP using Livingston portmasters and running 2.1-stable. Our portmasters
are set with an idle timeout of 30 minutes. I have noticed that when users get booted
off by the timeout, their csh process hangs around. Is this a bug? Or am I doing
something wrong on my end. We don't reboot our server very often, so this ends up
being a problem for us.

Also, we run the poppassd daemon so that users can change their passwords via
Eudora. We have the same problem - if a user disconnects in the middle of
changing their password, the process hangs around forever and ties up a pty.
Does anyone have a fix for this?

Thanks.

-- Bruce Bauman
   Mosquito Net, Inc.