Date:      Sat, 16 Mar 1996 13:49:24 +0800 (GMT+0800)
From:      "Miguel A.L. Paraz" <map@iphil.net>
To:        barney@databus.com (Barney Wolff)
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: csh hanging around after disconnect

Hello!

I'm having the same problem... except I'm using bash.

Barney Wolff wrote:

> The only answer to this, and not
> a very swift one, is to run TCP keep-alives on all telnet and poppassd
> sessions on your host, and that will eventually detect that the user's
> gone away.

How is this done?  Is this a separate daemon, or an option to compile
in these daemons?

Another way - can we looked through the logged in users at regular
intervals and find out who's disconnected?  You could compare this
against the list of logged in users ('show sessions'), but
we'd have to differentiate from users who are telnetted in from
somewhere else...

--
miguel a.l. paraz <map@iphil.net> iphil communications, makati, philippines