Date:      Fri, 5 Apr 1996 10:36:59 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        jmacd@CS.Berkeley.EDU (Josh MacDonald)
Cc:        jmacd@freefall.freebsd.org, CVS-committers@freefall.freebsd.org, cvs-all@freefall.freebsd.org, cvs-CVSROOT@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: CVSROOT modules

As Josh MacDonald wrote:

> what do I do?  I've asked before, no one helps.
> why does easy-import do the module before the checkin, seems
> backwards.  I hate CVS.

You could have used ``-n'' to ``just do everything, but don't really
do nothing''. :)

The modules database is quite independent of the actual commit, it's
only convenient to have both around.  You could still use the module
name again (but then, not with easy-import, that's a bugfeature), or
you could manually remove the module if you don't like it.

Reversing the order won't make things better: your import might run
well, but finally, the module name you've chosen was already in use.

Both cases require manual intervention.

--
cheers, J"org