Date:      Tue, 9 Apr 1996 10:42:10 -0400
From:      dsantry@maccs.dcss.McMaster.CA (Douglas Santry)
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   freebsd threads

I don't know who to send this to so I thought the general hackers address
would be a start.  I am currently implementing user threads that are managed
by the kernel so multithreading is possible.  I am *not* multithreading the
kernel.  It will still only allow one active task in the kernel at a time. I
am using syscalls 172-175 and 177-180.  If this is a problem please let
me know.  I am checking with you folks cuz I thought you may be interested
in including this code in your general distribution one day.  Are these
syscalls ok or should I move them?

PS  I can't seem to find the code for libc.  I can only find man pages for
    libc under /usr/src/lib/libc/sys which I find kinda strange.  Where should
    I be looking?

If anybody is interested in what I'm doing send me a note and I'll give more
details.

Doug Santry

dsantry@maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca

Does anybody know a person who know the virtual memory layout really well?  I
could use some info.