Date:      Thu, 25 Apr 1996 07:36:20 +0200
From:      "Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports/distfiles structuring

My disk overflowed tonight after having used the latest ports-supfile

It seemed that distfiles is filled now with a flat bunch of tar.gz
balls plus a ports-like tree. I'm not sure if this is still a mess
with me here due to mirroring and suping or what mighht be the cause.

Anyway, could someone give a short description of how the ports/distfile
mechanism now is organized. Could it be that there are double as many/as
necessary files now in the distfiles directory?

I'm on leave for a business trip today and will probably have time to
investigate what happened exactly on my machine after I started the
new ports sup (ports-all).