Date:      Fri, 17 May 96 00:44:28 -0400
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <reyes01@ibm.net>
Subject:   Getting ready to help

As I mentioned in a message some days back in a few weeks I
will time to help with the documentation. Right now I am spending
a little time here and there and making some comments. I am
hoping to help much more than that when I finish the semester
(before my summer classes begin of course).

Some of the things I will need to know are:
- Is it ok if I send html? If sgml is prefered where can I get hold
of the sgml of the existing pages to change them and where
can I get references to coding in sgml.

- If I merely have suggestions to a page should I just send the
suggestions or should I send a revised copy? Is diff covered
in the man pages? I have read some emails saying to use
diff (I will check the man page when I boot Freebsd later,
till I get sendmail running and the news server I am using
OS/2)

- Some of the pages I have seen in the handbook have asterisks.
An example is the list of compatible cards. Any reason
those sections have not been started? If the main problem is time
perhaps we could start getting people to send me their
configurations now and when I have more time I will make the
html pages. One possible way is to ask people to help us by
sending the data in a formated way so that I can write a small
program to parse it and create the html/sgml automatically.

-When I give suggestions is it good to give the reason why I am
suggesting them? Some of the messages I have written recently
seemed a bit large and I figure many may have already to
much to read so, me making the messages long may be
inconvienient for others.