Date:      Fri, 17 May 1996 11:22:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jeffrey Hsu <hsu>
To:        jkh
Cc:        freebsd-security
Subject:   Re: very bad

I believe mount_union is setuid root to allow non-root users to
make union mounts in directories that they own.  The Lite2 kernel
(a current snapshot of my diffs is in ~hsu/cvs/teeny.diffs.5-16.gz)
removes the restriction that only root can do mounts, so mount_union
is no longer set_uid there.  So, it should be sufficient to just
make our mount_union non-setuid root for the following reasons:
  1. Union mounts don't work anyways.
  2. When they do work in Lite2, mount_union won't be setuid root.
  3. If the user want to try out union mounts now, he can su and do it.