Date:      Sat, 18 May 1996 13:32:10 +1000
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        coredump@nervosa.com, kato@eclogite.eps.nagoya-u.ac.jp
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BoS: SECURITY BUG in FreeBSD (fwd)

>> mount_union ~/a ~/b
>> mount_union -b ~/a ~/b

>My FreeBSD-current (I supped sources on May 17.) box crashed just
>after `mount_union -b ~/a ~/b' operation.  Stack trace shows:

>_ufs_ihashget: recursive lock not expected -- pid 188 <--- mount_union

That's another problem with mount_union :-(.

Somehow it hasn't crashed here yet after I ran the above and `mount_union
~/c ~/d' to test this and wasn't able to unmount them.  Now I remember
how to unmount them: run `mount' to see what is mounted and then unmount
the name in the device column: `umount "<above/home/bde/c>"'.

Another problem with mount_union is that getdirentries() doesn't work for
the lkm version.  I have the union file system statically configured to
test it.  This may have helped avoid the above panic.  It normally hangs
instead of panicing.

Bruce