Date:      Sat, 18 May 1996 12:36:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "JULIAN Elischer" <julian@ref.tfs.com>
To:        dyson@freefall.freebsd.org (John Dyson)
Cc:        CVS-committers@freefall.freebsd.org, cvs-all@freefall.freebsd.org, cvs-sys@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit:  src/sys/vm device_pager.c swap_pager.c vm_fault.c vm_glue.c vm_kern.c vm_map.c vm_meter.c vm_mmap.c vm_object.c vm_

>   	Significant revamp of the pmap/fork code:
>   		1) PTE's and UPAGES's are NO LONGER in the process's map.
>   		2) PTE's and UPAGES's reside in their own objects.

 Does this mean that we can now do the rfork() call correctly
 so that two processes can share an address space by simply incrementing
 the reference count in the address-space structure?
 the hold up of that was that the kernel stacks needed to be different
 but they were in the U area, and thus were shared...
 the exact same problem needed to be fixed for the SMP
 cade so that several processors could access different processes at
 the same time..

 does this fix this?

 julian