Date:      Wed, 29 May 1996 14:22:41 GMT
From:      James Raynard <fports@jraynard.demon.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Smalltalk port

I was just looking through ports-current and I noticed that some
patches I sent in for the GNU Smalltalk port about 6 months ago seem
to have fallen through the cracks somewhere.

Anyway, if anyone's still interested, here's what they offer:-

1. Get stix (the X interface for mst) working.

2. Get the supplied Emacs Lisp files working, so that you can edit
   your code in one Emacs window, run the interpreter in another and
   have them communicate with each other!

3. Enable readline (command-line history/editing) in the interpreter.

4. Make the info printed out by make at the do_install more
   informative (and accurate!).

5. Build an optimised version instead of a debug build.

Any takers?