Date:      Tue, 11 Jun 1996 01:58:32 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Don't hit..

Here's a really warped and twisted idea I just got..  You know how
most commercial software installers take advantage of the "dead time"
during system installation to give the user lots of handy tips on
the kinds of things they might encounter or how to send off a warranty
registration card, etc and so forth?  Well.  Erm..  It wouldn't
be all that hard to make the sysinstall do that in novice mode,
either.  Given an array of tip strings like "Be sure and see our
web pages at http://www.freebsd.org!", I could whap them up along
with the "progress bar" dialog during the installation.  Lot of
dead time spent looking at that stupid status bar.

What do you think?  Puke, wretch, gag me with a microsoft splash product
screen or sort of a good idea?  If you have opinions verging more
towards the "good idea" side, send me your tip strings and I'll collect
them..  If you think this idea is hateful and you'd personally refuse to use
sysinstall ever again if it were incorporated (though what are you
doing in "novice" mode, dude? :) then let me know that, too.

Thanks!

					Jordan