Date:      Sat, 15 Jun 1996 05:34:17 -0700
From:      David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>
To:        "Jeffrey D. Wheelhouse" <jdw@wwwi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Trap 12/supervisor read, page not present

>Here we are:
>
>Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode
>fault virtual address	= 0x0
>fault code		= supervisor read, page not present
>instruction pointer	= 0x8:0xf019ab26
>code segment		= base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
>			= DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
>processor eflags	= interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
>current process		= 22777 (sh)
>interrupt mask		= net tty bio
>p\M^?\^Cge fault
>
>And here's the surrounding bits from the kernel:
>f019a818 T _pmap_is_referenced
>f019a9ac T _pmap_is_modified
>f019ab74 T _pmap_clear_modify

   This appears to be a "known" bug. I didn't notice in your original message;
was this with 2.1R or a recent SUP of -stable? If it was -stable, when did you
SUP it? I just committed some fixes to CVS that might solve this problem. Can
you update your kernel sources and see if the problem persists? Be sure you
have rev 1.22.4.3 of vm_map.c - this was the last set of changes I made. The
changes should be SUPable in about 3 hours from the date of this message.

-DG

David Greenman