Date:      Tue, 25 Jun 1996 23:15:32 GMT
From:      James Raynard <fqueries@jraynard.demon.co.uk>
To:        skrishna@cisco.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org, support@cdrom.com, kopti@seas.gwu.edu
Subject:   Re: Boot Manager/ BSD on second disk (fwd)

> This is in response to my earlier posting re: booting FreeBSD off the
> second hard disk.
>
> I have not recvd. much any solutions thus far.

The solution I used:

Insert install floppy in drive. At the boot prompt, type

hd(1,a)/kernel

This was to boot FreeBSD off a SCSI disk when an IDE disk was
present. If you have two IDE disks, wd(1,a)/kernel, or for SCSI
sd(1,a)/kernel should do the job (I think).

As I remember, there was a bug in the 2.1.0-RELEASE install program
which caused problems when installing FreeBSD to the second disk.

--
James Raynard, Edinburgh, Scotland
james@jraynard.demon.co.uk