Date:      Wed, 24 Jul 1996 21:54:11 -1000 (HST)
From:      "David Langford" <langfod@dihelix.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   SCO and Wordperfect 7 problems (socksys)

I am trying to install Wordperfect 7 for SCO and I am getting the folowing
errors:

libsocket: socket: /dev/socksys: No such device or address
Error: Can't open display: 127.0.0.1:0.0

Kenrel is current (like June 22 or so) and /dev stuff is as follows:

0 lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel         9 Jul 24 21:37 XOR@ -> /dev/null
0 lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel         7 Jul 24 21:37 nfsd@ -> socksys
0 crw-rw-rw-  1 root  wheel   41,   0 Jul 24 21:35 socksys
0 crw-rw-rw-  1 root  wheel   41,   1 Jul 24 21:35 spx

I have tried with and without "SPX_HACK" and I have tried using IBCS2 in the
kernel and the ibcs2 lkm.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Also, how ever is doing the SCO work should probably get ahold of Corel
and get on the Wordperfect beta program. The first Wordperfect beta for SCO
was just sent out on the 22nd...

Thanks....

-David Langford
 langfod@dihelix.com