Date:      Fri, 26 Jul 1996 08:36:17 +0530
From:      A JOSEPH KOSHY <koshy@india.hp.com>
To:        "Karl Denninger, MCSNet" <karl@mcs.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CVS basics?

Hi Karl,

Regarding the build of -current starting with a 2.1.* base; I did this
recently and found that you may need to selectively install some
parts of the compilation system first.  `make', `ld', some `includes'
and `config' (for the kernel) come to mind.  I installed `gcc' and `lib'
too to be safe.

You would need to run "make install" in the relevant directories to get the
new versions on your system.

After a few iterations "make world" will go thru fine.

Koshy
My personal opinions only.